Nisga’a Valley Health Authority’s Home and Community Care Program will deliver programs in accordance with home care program deliverables. The programs will be delivered by qualified individuals on a fulltime basis. The certified Home Support Workers for Nisga’a Valley Health authority will be assigned to any one of the four NVHA centers.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will perform delegated homecare procedures and client care duties under the supervision of the Home Care Team Lead or designate. Primary goals of the program are to promote: while respecting client rights and the confidentiality of client information.
- client dignity
- client independence
- client comfort
- client mobility
- client personal care
- client safety
The position is in accordance with the HEU Collective Agreement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Current Certification as Home Support Worker.
- Travel as required between communities within the Nass Valley to provide client care or to attend meetings.
- Transportation to/from centre’s is the responsibility of the worker.
- Ability to work independently, and to work respectfully and cooperatively with clients and Health Care Team.
- Skills and ability in interacting with others.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Communicates in a clear and practical manner both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency and aptitude with technical reporting and data administration tools, eg. (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other as may be required) relevant to the position and ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Competence in skills and operation of equipment relating to patient care.
- Valid CPR Level C Certification.
- Food Safe Certification an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Knowledge of the Nisga’a Language and Culture would be an asset.
- Maintain a Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Current Criminal Records Check.